I use essential oils and fragrance oils both. If you want something in particular, just ask. If it’s unusual, I may need you to place a one-pound minimum order, but that’s only 4 bars.
Listed below are some examples of fragrances and essential oils I use. Not all are listed.
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Peppermint oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Lime essential oil
- Litsea cubeba essential oil
- Chocolate fragrance
- Raspberry fragrance
- Grape fragrance
- “Chuck” fragrance
- Vanilla fragrance (non-discoloring formulation)
- Cotton candy fragrance (in most of my Lego soaps)
- Monkey Farts (I’ve heard this is the most popular fragrance oil out there, so I offer it.)
I do not use liquid colorant dyes; instead, I use either natural botanicals, micas or oxide powders. Although oxides are man-made, they are considered “nature identical” because their chemical structure is the same as oxides found in the earth. Micas can be nature identical or not, depending on the color. Micas provide incredible sparkle and glitter and kids love the look.
- Red, yellow, blue, green, brown, pink, purple–virtually any color you can imagine or that I can mix!
- Various micas (purple and pink currently; inquire about more)
- Several botanicals: (paprika, wheat grass and alkanet root, for example)
Sometimes for fun or for health benefits. Below are some examples.
- Oil infusions of chamomile, calendula or other healing herbs
- Vanilla bean specks
- Paprika (a natural scrub for mechanics’ or gardeners’ hands)
- Lavender buds
- Embeds for kids (plastic bugs, plastic gemstones, etc.)
Sizes & Weights
The shape of my soaps may vary from what you see here in photos, but the soap will be the same no matter the shape. Because these are made in small batches, each bar is literally cut by hand.
- Small–Guest-size or kid-size (one-ounce, perfect for small hands that hate hand-washing)
- Medium–3 to 4.5 ounces (Most of my soaps are in this range.)
- Large–5 ounces and maybe slightly more
- Bar (variable weight)
- Chunk (variable weight)
- Lego block (kid-sized)
- Lego minifigure (very small)
- Round (variable weight)
- Popsicle (4 ounces)
- Paw print (4 ounces)
- Skull (kid-sized)
- Pine cone (guest-sized)
- Want something special? Just ask!
I only use sustainably-sourced palm oil because I am concerned about the palm oil industry’s impact on the environment. I considered dropping palm oil from my recipes, but by doing that I felt that I was not encouraging a sustainable solution. For now, I will use it sometimes. I do have plenty of recipes that do not use palm, so you always have choices.
- Cocoa butter
- Rice bran
- Shea butter